Our team of lawyers headed by Olivia Luzi specialises in intellectual property (copyright, trademark law, industrial designs and patents), information technology, data protection law, e-commerce, internet, media and commercial law. We provide advisory and litigation services.
We place the utmost importance on our values and work to ensure that we fulfil our clients’ expectations in terms of our competence, availability, responsiveness, ability to offer pragmatic and operational solutions to specific problems, on schedule and within budget.
We can provide you with a list of our track record and client referees.
Our team of lawyers is specialized in information technology counsel and litigation and, over the years, has developed expertise in the diligent negotiation of information technology contracts and projects with the leading software publishers in the market (SAP, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, etc.) and the biggest systems integrators/IT service providers (Accenture, Cap Gemini, IBM, CGI, GFI, etc.), as well as with other smaller publishers or suppliers - giving us an excellent understanding of market practices.
Our lawyers are also highly experienced in helping clients subject to software licensing audits conducted by the biggest software publishers in the market (Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, HP, etc.). Our assistance has resulted in our clients being able to successfully defend themselves against claims for compensation from software publishers (claims for settlement ranging from a few tens of thousands of euros to several tens of millions of euros).
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of IT agreements for the design and development of IT solutions, software integration, managed services, TPAM, SaaS, Cloud services, software licenses, computer services, project management support, etc.
- IT Contract management (monitoring of contracts for major information technology projects)
- IT litigation/pre-litigation (information technology project overrun, solutions that are not fit for purpose, liability actions, etc.)
- Reselling of used software licenses
- Software licensing audits
- Cloud services
- Connected objects
INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
Our team of lawyers specializing in intellectual and industrial property law provides assistance with contracts, advice and litigation related to the protection, acquisition, exploitation and use of rights and creations (artistic creations, trademarks, related rights, etc.).
We provide an extremely wide range of services, including the preparation and negotiation of all types of contracts for the assignment or granting of rights.
- Contracts for assignment of intellectual property rights
- Contracts for the licensing/assignement of trademarks/industrial designs
- Audio-visual production/co-production contracts
- Recording contracts
- Distribution contracts
- Publishing contracts, etc.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
Our lawyers specializing in data protection law provide advice to our many French and overseas clients on aspects related to the protection, security and cross-border transfer of personal data (assistance during on-the-spot CNIL inspections, audits, CNIL formalities, drafting of data transfer and sharing contracts, etc.).
- CNIL audits: help with audits to ensure compliance with data protection legislation (French data protection law and European legislation [EU regulation, Privacy Shield])
- Assistance with reporting formalities/requests for authorization
- Drafting of CNIL statements – data protection charters
- Preparing contracts for the transfer of personal data, binding corporate rules (BCR), standard contractual clauses
- Support for data privacy officers (DPO) (training, hotline, maintaining and updating the register of personal data processing operations)
- Assistance with inspections performed by the CNIL and CNIL dawn raids
E-COMMERCE – INTERNET – MEDIA
In the areas of e-commerce, the Internet and the media, our team of specialist lawyers provides advice on a whole range of issues, including the following:
- Regulatory and contractual aspects of e-commerce / e-marketing
- General terms and conditions of use for websites /apps
- General terms and conditions of sale for goods or services (B2B / B2C)
- Partnership contracts
- Digital communication contracts
- SEO contracts
- Online advertising
- Rules governing games, lotteries, competitions, etc.
- Image rights
- Defamation, slander, right of reply
- Assistance to start-up companies (validation of business models practical and operational advice, review/drafting of GTCU/GTCS registration of trademarks, CNIL formalities, etc.)
LITIGATION – Dispute resolution
We represent and defend the interests of our French and overseas clientele before the French courts, in specialist IT-related forensic appraisals or at mediation or arbitration proceedings organized under the auspices of recognized mediation and arbitration centers, such as the ICC (the International Chamber of Commerce) or CMAP (the Paris Mediation and Arbitration Center).
- IT litigation/pre-litigation (information technology project overrun, liability actions, etc.)
- Unfair competition – significant imbalance
- Commercial litigation (contractual liability actions, unfair/parasitic competition, breakdown of a business relationship, economic imbalance, etc.)
- Image rights/freedom of the press litigation
- Infringement (copyright, trademark and industrial design law)
- Defamation – slander – image rights
- Mediation – Arbitration